Better Year Challenge Rules
Better Year Challenge Official Rules
VOID OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED. DO NOT ENTER THIS CHALLENGE IF YOU ARE NOT 18 OR OLDER AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF AND CURRENTLY RESIDING IN THE 50 UNITED STATES OR IN D.C. THIS CHALLENGE WILL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO TEXAS LAW.
BETTER YEAR CHALLENGE OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. You may enter the Better Year Challenge sponsored by Memorial Hermann Health System (“Sponsor”) by on-line entry.
To enter: Better Year Challenge application on the Facebook Platform http://www.facebook.com/MemorialHermannSportsMedicine and follow the instructions to submit an entry. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the Facebook account used at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All on-line entries must be transmitted and received by during the Entry Period.
Entry Period: Received online between 12:00 noon CST on January 2, 2018 and 12:00 noon CST on March 2, 2018.
Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) electronic or digital transmissions or any entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, postage-due or misdirected; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions, damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer and/or its contents, or causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Challenge; (iv) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these rules; (v) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Challenge, (vi) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Challenge; or (vii) malfunctions or interference resulting from illicit, malicious or injurious code (including but not limited to viruses, worms and denial of service attacks). If for any reason the Challenge cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to transmission failure, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Challenge, or if the Challenge is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify or terminate the Challenge and reserves the right, but shall not be obligated, to select the winners from among all non-suspect entries received in each category as of the date/time of such termination/cancellation or modification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry/voting process or who votes using any automatic or programmed entry duplication method.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR OTHERWISE CORRUPT THE CHALLENGE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CHALLENGE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
2. Limit one entry per person, e-mail address, or Facebook account submitted on-line. If more than one entry is received per person, e-mail address, or Facebook account, by any means, including but not limited to establishing multiple e-mail accounts or Facebook accounts, all such entries submitted will be disqualified.
3. Proof of mailing, e-mailing and/or registering does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt by Sponsor. By entering, entrants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and agree to waive all rights and remedies at law or in equity for any claim they may have relating to this promotion. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
4. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a participant’s agreement to hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the officers, directors, employees and agents of each of them (individually and collectively for the purposes of this Paragraph 4, “Challenge Parties”) from and against any injuries, losses or damages arising in any way from or in connection with their participation in this promotion, the acceptance, Challenge Parties’ reliance upon their compliance with these rules, or their participation in related activities, and further constitutes guests’ agreement that the Challenge Parties may use their names, cities and states of residence, voices, photographs, likenesses and/or biographical data for advertising and promotional purposes now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity by Sponsor and its designees, without additional compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries.
5. This Challenge is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, except employees, directors, officers and agents of Memorial Hermann or Sponsor, its parent, affiliate, and subsidiary companies, industry wholesalers, distributors, licensed retailers, its advertising and promotion agencies and members of the immediate families (defined as any parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each) or households of any of the above. This Challenge shall only be construed and evaluated according to Texas law, and submission of an entry constitutes acceptance of the laws of the State of Texas. This Challenge is void outside the United States and where prohibited by law.
6. Sponsor: Memorial Hermann Health System, 929 Gessner, 25th Floor, Houston, TX 77024.
Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Memorial Hermann Health System and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for verification of your eligibility to participate in the promotion. Please direct any questions or comments regarding this promotion to Memorial Hermann Health System.